The Union Structure
The A.F.U.L.E. is a delegate based union. That means the Union has a broad delegate base, and decision-making authority is devolved to the membership.
Our Branch Structure
The A.F.U.L.E has a branch in each location where Traincrew members are employed. The day to day running of each branch is the responsibility of the Branch Committee. Each Branch has a committee to oversee the operation of the Branch.
Each Branch Committee is made up of:
- Sub Branch Chairperson
- Sub Branch Vice Chairperson
- Sub Branch Secretary
- Four (4) Committee Members
The Branch Committees are elected every three years from within the Traincrew ranks.
The Divisional Council
The governing body ofthe Union is the Divisional Council. The Divisional Council has responsibility for the overall running and management of the Union, and is the supreme decision-making body.
The Divisional Council is made up of:
- State President
- State Vice President
- State Secretary
- Seven (7) Divisional Councillors
The Divisional Councillors
Seven Divisional Councillors are elected from within the Traincrew ranks. The State is divided into seven divisions. Each Branch of the Union is allocated to one of the seven divisions. One Councillor (and one Proxy Divisional Councillor) is elected every three years by and from the members in each division.
The seven divisions are:
- Division 1: - Cairns,Townsville, Charters Towers, Hughenden, Cloncurry and Mount Isa
- Division 2: - Pring, Coppabella and Jilalan
- Division 3: - Callemondah and Bluff
- Division 4: - Mackay, Rockhampton, Maryborough, Gayndah, Emerald and Longreach
- Division 5: - Brisbane Metropolitan area and Bundaberg
- Division 6: - Acacia Ridge, Fisherman Islands and Ipswich (Freight)
- Division 7: - Toowoomba, Roma, Charleville and Goondiwindi
The State Secretary is a full time position based in Brisbane. The State Secretary is elected every four years.
The State President and State Vice-President are honorary positions, elected every three years.